North Suburban Fair Trade Network
The North Suburban Fair Trade Network, an affiliate of Chicago Fair Trade, works to build awareness in the north suburban communities of fair trade as a strategy to the reduce global poverty and protect the earth.
The leadership committee meets monthly at the Christ United Methodist Church in Deerfield. Help us build fair trade awareness:
- Introduce fair trade products to your workplace, local school, or congregation.
- Volunteer to bring fair trade curriculum to schools.
- Write articles for local media!
- Assist with educational outreach and events
Come to our annual holiday bazaar!
This isn’t an ordinary craft sale. Fair Trade products are created by artisans in developing countries who are trying to lift themselves and their families out of poverty. The sale proceeds go directly to the artisans, helping them to make a livable wage, thereby increasing their ability to obtain health care, housing and education.
Come by and shop, and invite your friends! This year’s event features 11 fair trade vendors, offering a wide array of items including jewelry, apparel, scarves, handbags, housewares, soaps, ornaments home décor items and more.
In addition to the craft fair, there will be a bake sale on Saturday. Proceeds will go toward the church’s “Imagine No Malaria” campaign. Fair trade coffee will be served.
This is a wonderful opportunity to start your holiday shopping, or treat yourself! Every gift purchased positively impacts people’s lives and helps to alleviate poverty.
- Reality Show Sends Fashion Bloggers to Sweatshop
- Harry Potter Alliance Wins Duel Against Child Slavery
- Hardship on Mexican Farms a Bounty for US Tables
- For Ald Pawar Anti-Sweatshop Efforts Are Personal
- Globalfest Featured on WBEZ's World View
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
|Support Bangladeshi Garment Workers! |
Sat Feb 28, 2015 @02:30AM - 03:30AM
|SAVE THE DATE: World Fair Trade Day in Daley Plaza May 6 & 7|
Wed May 06, 2015
Join the Climate Ride