North Suburban Fair Trade Network
The North Suburban Fair Trade Network, an affiliate of Chicago Fair Trade, works to build awareness in the north suburban communities of fair trade as a strategy to the reduce global poverty and protect the earth.
The leadership committee meets monthly at the Christ United Methodist Church in Deerfield. Help us build fair trade awareness:
- Introduce fair trade products to your workplace, local school, or congregation.
- Volunteer to bring fair trade curriculum to schools.
- Write articles for local media!
- Assist with educational outreach and events
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
- Ordinance prohibits city uniforms to be purchased from sweatshops
- Sweatfree Ordinance advances!
- Aldermen advance anti-sweatshop ordinance
- An End to Sweatshop-Made City Workers’ Uniforms in Chicago?
- Emanuel, Pawar join forces on anti-sweatshop ordinance
Holiday Fairs Schedule
|CFT at Green Festival|
Sun Oct 26, 2014 @02:00PM - 03:00PM
|Old St. Pats Solidarity Market|
Sun Nov 09, 2014 @09:00AM - 01:00PM
|Globalfest Latin America|
Fri Nov 14, 2014 @05:30PM - 09:00PM
|Fair Trade Gift Boutique at Christ United Methodist Church|
Sat Nov 15, 2014 @09:00AM - 03:00PM
| Fair Trade Gift Boutique at Christ United Methodist Church|
Sun Nov 16, 2014 @11:30AM - 02:00PM