Trans Pacific Partnership
Alert Congress and your governor of the corporate power tool
As trade negotiators and their corporate sponsors continue their rounds of secret negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement, activists everywhere are spreading the word against this stealthy corporate takeover. This deal is branded as a trade pact, but really at issue is a backdoor attack on a wide array of domestic policies.
From financial regulation to Buy America procurement and all sorts of new rights for large corporations, corporate advisors have access to hundreds of pages of draft treaty text that is being kept secret from the press and public.
Take a moment to alert your governor and members of Congress about the secret corporate attack on the environment, public health and even our justice systems.
After you're done taking action, check out images from the protests down under. Read More about TPP
- Student Activists Honor Rana Plaza anniversary with Action
- Bangladeshi Garment Workers, UIC Students Join Forces In Call For Improved Factory Conditions
- Report says U.S clothing companies operating in Guatemala deprived workers of wages
- U.S. Procurement Examined
- One woman's quest to bring the concept of 'fair trade' to Taiwan
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Opponents Score Major Victory