Trans Pacific Partnership
Alert Congress and your governor of the corporate power tool
As trade negotiators and their corporate sponsors continue their rounds of secret negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement, activists everywhere are spreading the word against this stealthy corporate takeover. This deal is branded as a trade pact, but really at issue is a backdoor attack on a wide array of domestic policies.
From financial regulation to Buy America procurement and all sorts of new rights for large corporations, corporate advisors have access to hundreds of pages of draft treaty text that is being kept secret from the press and public.
Take a moment to alert your governor and members of Congress about the secret corporate attack on the environment, public health and even our justice systems.
After you're done taking action, check out images from the protests down under. Read More about TPP
- Reality Show Sends Fashion Bloggers to Sweatshop
- Harry Potter Alliance Wins Duel Against Child Slavery
- Hardship on Mexican Farms a Bounty for US Tables
- For Ald Pawar Anti-Sweatshop Efforts Are Personal
- Globalfest Featured on WBEZ's World View
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
|SAVE THE DATE: World Fair Trade Day in Daley Plaza May 6 & 7|
Wed May 06, 2015
Join the Climate Ride