Nelson Mandela family to introduce new Fairtrade wine range in UK
Former South Africa President Nelson Mandela’s daughter Makaziwe Mandela and grand-daughter Tukiwini Mandela are to introduce a new Fairtrade wine range in the UK. Sourced from South Africa, the range includes a premium set of wines under the Royal Reserve range and a sparkling wine that will be sold under a new brand name House of Mandela. The Mandelas partnered with Fairview, Thelema, Hartenberg, Citrusdal and Dutoitsklloof wineries to come up with the range. These wines will be initially unveiled at Cape Wine exhibition in Cape Town, South Africa, and then into the UK, reported Harpers. The members of the family are currently working with UK-based Off Piste Wines for trading and distribution plans in the UK. Makaziwe told the website that it was a challenge developing their own wine range with no experience of the wine industry. "But we know the Mandela brand is a South African brand as well and we hope we will be able to make a small contribution to let the world know about South African wines," Makaziwe added. The wines will be available for sale in the UK, the US, China, Africa and Brazil.
- Hardship on Mexican Farms a Bounty for US Tables
- For Ald Pawar Anti-Sweatshop Efforts Are Personal
- Globalfest Featured on WBEZ's World View
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
- Ordinance prohibits city uniforms to be purchased from sweatshops
- Sweatfree Ordinance advances!