Nelson Mandela family to introduce new Fairtrade wine range in UK
Former South Africa President Nelson Mandela’s daughter Makaziwe Mandela and grand-daughter Tukiwini Mandela are to introduce a new Fairtrade wine range in the UK. Sourced from South Africa, the range includes a premium set of wines under the Royal Reserve range and a sparkling wine that will be sold under a new brand name House of Mandela. The Mandelas partnered with Fairview, Thelema, Hartenberg, Citrusdal and Dutoitsklloof wineries to come up with the range. These wines will be initially unveiled at Cape Wine exhibition in Cape Town, South Africa, and then into the UK, reported Harpers. The members of the family are currently working with UK-based Off Piste Wines for trading and distribution plans in the UK. Makaziwe told the website that it was a challenge developing their own wine range with no experience of the wine industry. "But we know the Mandela brand is a South African brand as well and we hope we will be able to make a small contribution to let the world know about South African wines," Makaziwe added. The wines will be available for sale in the UK, the US, China, Africa and Brazil.
- An End to Sweatshop-Made City Workers’ Uniforms in Chicago?
- Emanuel, Pawar join forces on anti-sweatshop ordinance
- Student Activists Honor Rana Plaza anniversary with Action
- Bangladeshi Garment Workers, UIC Students Join Forces In Call For Improved Factory Conditions
- Report says U.S clothing companies operating in Guatemala deprived workers of wages
- U.S. Procurement Examined
|Globalfest Latin America|
Fri Nov 14, 2014 @05:30PM - 09:00PM
Run For Change
Support our Team
This year CFT has 5 runners committed to run the marathon and raise funds for our work! Your contribution will support our efforts to raise awareness of sweatshop labor and improve the lives of global apparel workers through our sweatfree campaign