Chicago Goals for Becoming a Fair Trade City
|Passed by City Council February 2010.|
|2. Fair Trade products will be available throughout the city, at least 1 outlet in each of the 77 Chicago Community areas. Also, based on our population of about 3 million, we want 1 outlet per 10,000 people, that is 300 outlets within the City||Reached 309 in February 2011.|
3. Fair Trade products will be used in institutions such as congregations, schools, universities, hospitals and workplaces, with at least 1 FT institution in each of Chicago's 77 Community Areas.
|Compiling data on fair trade institutions.|
4. This Campaign will bring increased media attention to Fair Trade and broaden support for Fair Trade by the City.
|Annual celebration of World Fair Trade Day in Daley Plaza since May 2008 in collaboration with the City's Dept of Environment.
5. Chicago Fair Trade is a coalition of businesses, faith organizations, universities, non-profits and individuals who will continue to steer the process.
|Established June 2006.|
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
- Ordinance prohibits city uniforms to be purchased from sweatshops
- Sweatfree Ordinance advances!
- Aldermen advance anti-sweatshop ordinance
- An End to Sweatshop-Made City Workers’ Uniforms in Chicago?
- Emanuel, Pawar join forces on anti-sweatshop ordinance
Sat Sep 20, 2014 @08:00PM - 11:00PM
|CFT's Run for Change team at the Chicago Marathon|
Sun Oct 12, 2014 @08:00AM - 11:00AM
|Come celebrate a Sweatfree Chicago |
Thu Oct 16, 2014 @06:00PM - 08:00PM
|Old St. Pats Solidarity Market|
Sun Nov 09, 2014 @09:00AM - 01:00PM
|Globalfest Latin America|
Fri Nov 14, 2014 @05:30PM - 09:00PM
|Fair Trade Gift Boutique at Christ United Methodist Church|
Sat Nov 15, 2014 @09:00AM - 03:00PM
| Fair Trade Gift Boutique at Christ United Methodist Church|
Sun Nov 16, 2014 @11:30AM - 02:00PM
Run For Change
Support our Team
This year CFT has 4 runners committed to run the marathon and raise funds for our work! Your contribution will support our efforts to raise awareness of sweatshop labor and improve the lives of global apparel workers through our sweatfree campaign