Chicago Goals for Becoming a Fair Trade City
|Passed by City Council February 2010.|
|2. Fair Trade products will be available throughout the city, at least 1 outlet in each of the 77 Chicago Community areas. Also, based on our population of about 3 million, we want 1 outlet per 10,000 people, that is 300 outlets within the City||Reached 309 in February 2011.|
3. Fair Trade products will be used in institutions such as congregations, schools, universities, hospitals and workplaces, with at least 1 FT institution in each of Chicago's 77 Community Areas.
|Compiling data on fair trade institutions.|
4. This Campaign will bring increased media attention to Fair Trade and broaden support for Fair Trade by the City.
|Annual celebration of World Fair Trade Day in Daley Plaza since May 2008 in collaboration with the City's Dept of Environment.
5. Chicago Fair Trade is a coalition of businesses, faith organizations, universities, non-profits and individuals who will continue to steer the process.
|Established June 2006.|
- Workers making Nike and Adidas shoes in Vietnam go on strike
- Reality Show Sends Fashion Bloggers to Sweatshop
- Harry Potter Alliance Wins Duel Against Child Slavery
- Hardship on Mexican Farms a Bounty for US Tables
- For Ald Pawar Anti-Sweatshop Efforts Are Personal
- Globalfest Featured on WBEZ's World View
|World Fair Trade Day in Daley Plaza May 6 & 7|
Wed May 06, 2015
Run For Change
JOIN OUR TEAM
Registration is open for the 2015 Bank of American Chicago Marathon, and, as in years past, we have our own fundraising team! We have 10 guaranteed spots, and they're bound to go fast. Commit to raise money to fund CFT's important work, and sign up to run the marathon with our team, Register here.
Join the Climate Ride