Chicago Goals for Becoming a Fair Trade City
|Passed by City Council February 2010.|
|2. Fair Trade products will be available throughout the city, at least 1 outlet in each of the 77 Chicago Community areas. Also, based on our population of about 3 million, we want 1 outlet per 10,000 people, that is 300 outlets within the City||Reached 309 in February 2011.|
3. Fair Trade products will be used in institutions such as congregations, schools, universities, hospitals and workplaces, with at least 1 FT institution in each of Chicago's 77 Community Areas.
|Compiling data on fair trade institutions.|
4. This Campaign will bring increased media attention to Fair Trade and broaden support for Fair Trade by the City.
|Annual celebration of World Fair Trade Day in Daley Plaza since May 2008 in collaboration with the City's Dept of Environment.
5. Chicago Fair Trade is a coalition of businesses, faith organizations, universities, non-profits and individuals who will continue to steer the process.
|Established June 2006.|
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
- Ordinance prohibits city uniforms to be purchased from sweatshops
- Sweatfree Ordinance advances!
- Aldermen advance anti-sweatshop ordinance
- An End to Sweatshop-Made City Workers’ Uniforms in Chicago?
- Emanuel, Pawar join forces on anti-sweatshop ordinance
Holiday Fairs Schedule
|Mustard Seed's Fair Trade Jewelry Trunk Sale |
Wed Oct 22, 2014 @04:00AM - 07:30PM
|CFT at Green Festival|
Sun Oct 26, 2014 @02:00PM - 03:00PM
|Old St. Pats Solidarity Market|
Sun Nov 09, 2014 @09:00AM - 01:00PM
|Globalfest Latin America|
Fri Nov 14, 2014 @05:30PM - 09:00PM
|Fair Trade Gift Boutique at Christ United Methodist Church|
Sat Nov 15, 2014 @09:00AM - 03:00PM
| Fair Trade Gift Boutique at Christ United Methodist Church|
Sun Nov 16, 2014 @11:30AM - 02:00PM