Benefits to Chicago Becoming a Fair Trade City
How would becoming a Fair Trade City benefit Chicago?
Recognition in the Global Community: Our Fair Trade City status would send the message to the world that Chicago wants global relationships based on fairness and mutual respect.
Fair Trade Links Chicago neighborhoods to global neighborhoods: Mexican, Filipino, Peruvian, Kenyan, Ghanaian and Indian residents of Chicago support their homelands through promotion of trade.
A Partner in building a Sustainable Planet: As Chicago institutions develop their sustainability plans, it includes fair trade products which not only protect the environment but build healthy stable communities.
Growth of fair trade businesses: Four new retail fair trade stores have opened in the metro area since 2008. Chicago becomes a magnet, attracting fair trade business to Chicago as its leadership is recognized.
Can Chicago be the North American leader of fair trade?
Visit the Chicago Fair Trade Towns page: http://fairtradetownsusa.org/towns/il/chicago/
- Hardship on Mexican Farms a Bounty for US Tables
- For Ald Pawar Anti-Sweatshop Efforts Are Personal
- Globalfest Featured on WBEZ's World View
- CFT and Alderman Pawar talk about anti sweatshop ordinance on WBEZ
- Ordinance prohibits city uniforms to be purchased from sweatshops
- Sweatfree Ordinance advances!