Benefits to Chicago Becoming a Fair Trade City
How would Becoming a Fair Trade City Benefit Chicago?
Recognition in the Global Community:Our Fair Trade City status would send the message to the world that Chicago wants global relationships based on fairness and mutual respect.
Fair Trade Links Chicago neighborhoods to global neighborhoods: Mexican, Filipino, Peruvian, Kenyan, Ghanaian and Indian residents of Chicago support their homelands through promotion of trade.
A Partner in building a Sustainable Planet: As Chicago institutions develop their sustainability plans, it includes fair trade products which not only protect the environment but build healthy stable communities.
Growth of fair trade businesses: Four new retail fair trade stores have opened in the metro area since 2008. Chicago becomes a magnet, attracting fair trade business to Chicago as its leadership is recognized.
Can Chicago be the North American leader of fair trade?
Fair Trade London:
- NY TIMES Fair Trade Movement Extends to Clothing
- Was Your T-shirt Made in the Dhaka Garment Factory?
- Mandela Family Launches Line of Fair Trade Wines
- Environmental Impacts of World's Largest Food Companies
- Columbia Coffee Growers on Strike
- Data Show Eco-Fashion a Smarter Choice for Conscious Consumers, Brands Alike
Support Our Campaign
Link Youth to Global Producers