Welcome to Chicago Fair Trade
|Last year on April 24th a building collapsed on its workers at Rana Plaza, causing the death of 1136 people and injuries to thousands more. An outcry from the global community brought some companies to sign the Fire and Safety Accord, yet harsh conditions for workers continue, forced overtime, pressure to meet quotas, physical abuse. Conditions will change only if consumers demand it.|
Participate 4/24 in a Day of Remembrance and help build awareness!
Wear your clothes INSIDE OUT! - revealing the tag, helping others think about where their clothes come from. (More at fashionrevolution.org)
Learn more about our Sweatfree Chicago campaign.
Fair Play Chicago
Chicago Youth are learning about fair trade while enjoying a soccer game. Involve your school in learning about the world through the stories of fair trade producers. Contact email@example.com
Chicago As a Fair Trade City
Chicago reached fair trade city status May 2011, which made Chicago the largest fair trade city in the U.S. and the third largest globally (behind London and Toronto) More at www.fairtradetownsusa.org
- Bangladeshi Garment Workers, UIC Students Join Forces In Call For Improved Factory Conditions
- Report says U.S clothing companies operating in Guatemala deprived workers of wages
- U.S. Procurement Examined
- One woman's quest to bring the concept of 'fair trade' to Taiwan
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Opponents Score Major Victory
- Celebrating 25 Years of Fairtrade